Saturday, April 30, 2011

End of season bruschetta

I'm out here in the dark, tidying up my autumn garden. The tomatoes are finally succumbing to the mites and the cold, and after our two weeks away I managed to drag in 300g I could put into a bruschetta as Edan's birthday meal. There was enough basil around and I bought a Spanish onion to make it work.

But for me, this time of year is about managing decline is as positive a way as possible. The soils will warm up again, the trees will come into leaf again. Yes I'll get some sneaky winter lettuce and broccoli but autumn is about managing the wind down, winter about building for the future and spring is about moving quickly.

And I'll try to grow some tomatoes under plastic to buck the trend.

Posted from Blogium for iPhone

No comments:

Post a Comment