And June 3 is Sylvia's day. So that's great, I've got the chicken bits (don't think about it too much) from last week, bought a few pumpkins and will make it happen.
- After the chicken roast I cleared all the bones to a Tupperware container and kept it in the fridge.
- I deglazed the pan (heated it and poured in boiling water) and kept the liquid with the bones.
- Now - Friday night - I have put it all in a big pot and brought to the boil. Skimmed off the yuk that comes to the top, then throw in chopped carrot and onion w some parsley bay peppercorns and maybe some salt.
- Simmer it down until you can tell the liquid holds all the goodness.
- Strain it, give the solids to the chickens
- Chill the liquid, when chilled pick off the solid fat and give to the dog or the chickens.
It's almost impossible to make a bad soup after you've made stock this way, but that's probably tomorrow's blog.
Posted from Blogium for iPhone